Sunday, June 14, 2009

Listening and new video, Canyon

Several catching up's. Of late I've been listening to a couple of recordings that have been really inspiring, the recently mentioned Ralph Towner solo concert on the ECM label and a fellow I had the pleasure of meeting at the 2008 NYC Fretless Guitar Festival, Neil Haverstick (a.k.a. Stickman). I've had his tunes from his CD Mysterious Female on my ipod of late and this is just an insane inspired collection of music from a guy who has od'd on fretless guitar - really moving material.

Also from the recent episode of my live webcast on uStream, Sunday Morning at 11, I pulled a piece on fretted 12 string from the set and edited the video Canyon shown below. I've been way behind on my editing and when I had the idea to do something more with this beyond the performance aspect I went back to some images made on a 2007 family trip to New Mexico on a hike through the Tent Rocks National Monument slot canyon, a very moving place.

Canyon from Jim Goodin on Vimeo.


Off to Maine this week. Long time since visiting and looking forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment