Thursday, July 9, 2009

New video work and Ingenuity Fest

I recently finished a short video titled Independence that was produced for a Vimeo project challenging members to produce their spin on 'independence' and the 4th. This piece combines footage I shot on a recent trip to Maine as well as footage from fireworks on the eve of the 4th of July. As I stated in the video description independence runs from traditional to the frames of my kids on the cusp of teen years. The symbolistic wind chimes in the soundtrack ring the Liberty Bell as well as a sense of a ringing bouy marker on the north Maine coast.

And from a recent uStream webcast I culled out this oud performance. The room was poorly lit so in my final I incorporated a film filter in Final Cut to achieve an antique look and feel. The performance as much of all my work is these days was an improvisation.

Additionally trying to get over a cold this week that really socked my voice. Fortunately I don't sing perse as I'm teaming up with bandmate Daryl Shawn this weekend in Cleveland, OH, for the beginning of a series of 3 shows with our duo Chinapainting. We're performing in Cleveland's Ingenuity Fest this weekend. Ingenuity Fest is an annual festival that fuses art and technology. We're very excited to have been invited to be part of this year's festival. Chinapainting appears Saturday July 11th at 6pm at Halle Alley and Sunday July 12th at 2pm in the E Cafe. See the site for more info. If you're near Cleveland please do come out.

Cheers

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment